- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Russell Ramsey, son of the late Lloyd Ramsey and Alveda Baker Russell, was born Oct. 25, 1946, in Marble Hill and passed away at his farm Dec. 10, 2011, at the age of 65.
He had been a resident of Puxico, Mo., for 40 years. He attended Woodland High School in Marble Hill.
Mr. Ramsey was a veteran of the U.S. Army. He taught vocational agriculture and was the adviser for the Fredericktown, Mo., Puxico and Dexter, Mo., National FFA Organization chapters.
He attended Puxico First General Baptist Church and had served on the Puxico School Board.
On Jan. 26, 1969, he was married to Wanda Barks in Marble Hill.
Survivors include his wife, Wanda Ramsey of Puxico; one son, Tyler Ramsey of Kansas City, Mo.; one daughter, Regina Stephens of Puxico; one granddaughter; and one sister, Elizabeth Gable of Oak Ridge.
Visitation was held Monday at the Watkins and Sons Funeral Home in Puxico.
The funeral was held Tuesday at the First General Baptist Church in Puxico.
Interment was in the Bollinger County Memorial Cemetery in Marble Hill with military honors.