- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
Humane Society benefits from toys made at AEC
It was a tug-of-war at Cape Girardeau Alternative Education Center this week as students tied, pulled, braided and stretched strips of cloth into dog tug-toys that they will present to the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri.
Pictured working on the project are Tae Nunley-Bell and Jacquin Triplett. Other members of the project are Deven Harris, Elijah Pratt, Keigh Shawn Cleaves, Jayrite Wiseman, Hannah Weissinger, Lesha Graham, Zion Bland and Dominick Dunn. Teachers Mary Richards and Ellen McAuley organized the project and will escort the students next week to the Humane Society at 2536 Boutin Drive in Cape Girardeau.