- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Robey named commander of 880th Engineer Haul Team
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- 2nd Lt. John Robey, of Jefferson City, has been appointed the new commander for the Missouri National Guard's 880th Engineer Haul Team in Perryville.
During the ceremony, the unit guidon was passed to Robey to symbolize the transfer of authority and responsibility.
"It's a bit overwhelming and intimidating when taking on a new command but I'm honored," Robey told the Soldiers of the 880th Engineer Team. "I look forward to working and serving with each one of you. I know we'll do great things."
Robey's new Soldiers and staff look forward to working with their new commander, said Sgt. 1st Class Andrew Moore, readiness noncommissioned officer for the unit.
"Lt. Robey just completed the engineer officer leadership course school and comes to us with a lot of fresh ideas and knowledge," said Moore. "We are honored to be serving in his command and look forward to working with him."
Robey's military experience will be a great asset to the company, said Lt. Col. Ed Gargas, commander of the 1140th Engineer Battalion.
"Lt. Robey has got the latest and greatest skills, training and knowledge in how the state and Army works," said Gargas. "I'm looking forward to having the Soldiers of the 880th take him under their wing and give him the hands on experience that makes all young officers great leaders."
Robey has served in the Missouri National Guard since 1997. He received his officer commission in 2009. He is currently the Directorate of Information Management's Officer in Charge at the Missouri National Guard headquarters.
For more pictures visit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/missourigua...
For more information about the Missouri National Guard, please call 1-800-GoGuard or visit www.moguard.com and our social media sites: www.facebook.com/Missouri.National.Guard; www.twitter.com/Missouri_NG; www.youtube.com/MoNationalGuard; www.myspace.com/missouri_ng; www.flickr.com/photos/missouriguard; www.blog.moguard.com