- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)20
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Tomorrow the work of 656 Southeast Missouri State University students -- and the support from many more family and friends -- will culminate with a graduation ceremony at the Show Me Center.
Among the students who will cross the stage, 543 will receive an undergraduate degree and 113 will receive graduate degrees. In the morning honors ceremony, 135 undergraduates, 39 master's degree recipients and 10 students receiving specialist degrees will be recognized for achieving academic excellence.
To all the students, we extend our congratulations for all of the hard work that led to this accomplishment.
While we hope you enjoy the pomp and circumstance of graduation day, make sure to thank those who helped make it possible. Parents, siblings, spouses, children and friends, among others, have likely been a source of encouragement and support for many of you in the pursuit of your education.
While receiving your degree is an important step as you begin, or advance, in your career, this is not the end of learning. A number of Southeast graduates, including the commencement keynote speaker, Lt. Gen. Clyde Vaughn, retired director of the U.S. Army National Guard, have achieved great success. With a commitment to learning and a strong work ethic, you, too, can find success.
Again, enjoy the day and congratulations!