- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Tomorrow the work of 656 Southeast Missouri State University students -- and the support from many more family and friends -- will culminate with a graduation ceremony at the Show Me Center.
Among the students who will cross the stage, 543 will receive an undergraduate degree and 113 will receive graduate degrees. In the morning honors ceremony, 135 undergraduates, 39 master's degree recipients and 10 students receiving specialist degrees will be recognized for achieving academic excellence.
To all the students, we extend our congratulations for all of the hard work that led to this accomplishment.
While we hope you enjoy the pomp and circumstance of graduation day, make sure to thank those who helped make it possible. Parents, siblings, spouses, children and friends, among others, have likely been a source of encouragement and support for many of you in the pursuit of your education.
While receiving your degree is an important step as you begin, or advance, in your career, this is not the end of learning. A number of Southeast graduates, including the commencement keynote speaker, Lt. Gen. Clyde Vaughn, retired director of the U.S. Army National Guard, have achieved great success. With a commitment to learning and a strong work ethic, you, too, can find success.
Again, enjoy the day and congratulations!