- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)3
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Tomorrow the work of 656 Southeast Missouri State University students -- and the support from many more family and friends -- will culminate with a graduation ceremony at the Show Me Center.
Among the students who will cross the stage, 543 will receive an undergraduate degree and 113 will receive graduate degrees. In the morning honors ceremony, 135 undergraduates, 39 master's degree recipients and 10 students receiving specialist degrees will be recognized for achieving academic excellence.
To all the students, we extend our congratulations for all of the hard work that led to this accomplishment.
While we hope you enjoy the pomp and circumstance of graduation day, make sure to thank those who helped make it possible. Parents, siblings, spouses, children and friends, among others, have likely been a source of encouragement and support for many of you in the pursuit of your education.
While receiving your degree is an important step as you begin, or advance, in your career, this is not the end of learning. A number of Southeast graduates, including the commencement keynote speaker, Lt. Gen. Clyde Vaughn, retired director of the U.S. Army National Guard, have achieved great success. With a commitment to learning and a strong work ethic, you, too, can find success.
Again, enjoy the day and congratulations!