- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARQUAND, Mo. -- Frank Bess, 78, of Marquand passed away Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2011, at his home.
He was born Aug. 19, 1933, at Bessville, Mo., son of Colonel Pinkney and Vergie Irene Cureton Bess. He and Dean Miinch were united in marriage Feb. 23, 1957 in Marquand.
Frank was a farmer, a truck driver for Lutesville Pallet, M.E. Lemming Lumber Co. and Madison County Wood Products before retiring. He was a member of the Union Light Congregational Methodist Church and served his country proudly in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife, Dean of Marquand; sons, Greg (Sheila) Bess of Marquand, Chris (Chris) Bess of Millersville, Todd (Robyn) Bess of Marquand; a daughter, Frankie (Lynn) Rehkop of Fredericktown, Mo.; a brother, Don Bess of Marquand; sisters, Mary Despain and Shirley Hovis both of Marquand; nine grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
Preceding him in death were his parents, infant daughter Kimberly and a brother Billy Bess.
Visitation will be after 4 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, Mo.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the Union Light Church, with the Rev. Donald Sander and the Rev. Raymond Michael officiating. Burial will follow in the Union Light Cemetery near Marquand with full military honors provided by the Missouri Military Honors Team.