- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Phyllis Elaine Bohannon, 61, of Sikeston died Monday at 9:30 p.m. Dec. 12, 2011, at the home.
Born Sept. 5, 1950, in Bertrand, Mo., to the late Jesse D. Berry and Ola Berry, she was a 1968 graduate of Charleston High School and Southeast Missouri State University in 1972 with a bachelor of science in education.
She was a teacher for 32 years, 30 of which were with the Charleston School District. She taught second grade for a number of years and then special education classes until retirement in 2004. For many years she was a member of the Tanner Street Church of God in Sikeston.
On July 30, 1972, in Bertrand, she married John Bohannon.
Survivors include her husband, John of Sikeston; her daughter, Karen Johnson (Stephen) of Flat Rock, N.C.; her sons, Philip Bohannon of Bloomfield, Mo., Justin Bohannon of Sikeston, Ben Bohannon of Houston; her mother, Ola Berry of Miner Nursing Home; one sister, Annette Gilliland (Clifford) of Hattiesburg, Miss.; and one brother, Bill Berry (Carolyn) of Washington Court House, Ohio; three grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by one half-sister, Linda Berry.
Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel, where services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Friday. The Rev. Dr. Glen D. Bohannon of Sneads Ferry, N.C., will officiate.
Burial will follow in Garden of Memories Cemetery in Sikeston.
Pallbearers will be Phillip Bohannon, Justin Bohannon, Ben Bohannon, Stephen Johnson, Andrew Lawler and Michael Bohannon.
Online condolences may be shared with the family at www.nunneleefuneralchapel.com.