- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Woman arrested in connection with Union County child's death
JONESBORO, Ill. -- A Jonesboro woman is in custody in connection with a Saturday death of a 4-year-old boy in Ware, Ill., the Union County State's Attorney's Office said Tuesday.
Sacha Brown, 29, is in custody and will be formally charged Wednesday morning in connection to the death of a child, a state's attorney's office spokesperson said, noting that more information will become available later this afternoon or tomorrow morning. The Union County Sheriff's Department is leading the investigation with assistance from the Illinois State Police, Union County Coroner's Office, Union County State's Attorney's Office and various other agencies, according to a news release from Union County State's Attorney Tyler Edmonds.