- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)3
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)9
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
Dennis A. Blessing, 44, of Jackson passed away Saturday, Dec. 10, 2011, in a fatal car accident.
He was born April 27, 1967, in Perryville, Mo., to Donald and Virginia Mattingly Blessing. He and Jeannette Holder were married May 18, 1991.
Dennis was a route driver for Southeast Snacks in Cape Girardeau. His route included areas in Cape Girardeau, Scott and Perry counties. He previously worked 10 years as a route driver for Bunny Bread in Cape Girardeau.
The Blessing family attended the Cape County Cowboy Church north of Jackson.
Dennis' surviving family includes his wife of 20 years, Jeannette of Jackson; two sons, Casey and Lee Blessing of the home; his father, Donald Blessing of Advance, Mo.; six siblings, Cindy (Albert) Wilkes, Cheri (Bill) Beauchamp, David (LaVerne) Blessing, Pamela (Bill) Naeger, Darrell (Tamara) Blessing, all of Perryville, and Darlene Swearingen of Springfield, Mo; and several nieces and nephews.
Jeannette's surviving family includes her father, Marvin Holder of Bloomfield, Mo.; her mother, Caroline (Roy) Bronenkant of Frohna, Mo.; two sisters, Bonnie (Duane) Huff of Bonne Terre, Mo., and Linda (the late Anthony) Haynes of Bloomfield; and nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Virginia Fingers; and an infant sister, Regina Blessing.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to time of service Wednesday at the McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating.
Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorial contributions to the family are appreciated.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.