- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Carrie K. Peel, 46, of Oak Ridge died Saturday, Dec. 10, 2011, at her home. She was born Jan. 6, 1965, in Cape Girardeau to Norman and Charlotte Nelson Wildman.
She and Scott R. Peel were married April 12, 1986, in Cape Girardeau.
Carrie graduated from Cape Girardeau Central High School in 1983. She was formerly employed as a CMT at Jackson Manor and was activity director at Perry Oaks Manor in Perryville, Mo.
She was a member of First Baptist Church of Oak Ridge.
Survivors include her husband, Scott R. Peel of Oak Ridge; daughter, Alisia (fiance Michael Barks) Blechle, of Perryville; mother, Charlotte Wildman, of Cape Girardeau; brother, Chief Chaplain Terry Wildman, of Cape Girardeau; grandchildren, Brandon Blechle and Alexis Blechle, of Perryville; aunt and uncle, Martha and Bob Nelson of Cape Girardeau; and mother-in-law, Vanna Hoyt of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by her father.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jon Sedgewick officiating.
Burial will follow at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorial contributions may be given to the family's funeral expenses.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.