- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)13
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Guardsman honors local Jackson business
Jackson, Mo. -- Luiz Goez, operations manager at Blue Chip Midwest LLC., was recently presented with a Patriot Award in recognition of his extraordinary support of employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserves.
The Patriot Award was created by the Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve to recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees who have answered their nation's call to duty.
Goez was nominated by Sgt. Brandon Dubois, an employee for Blue Chip for three years and who is currently serving with the 1035th Maintenance Company at Jefferson Barracks.
As his manager, Goez has supported him in his military career and obligations, including an upcoming deployment next year, said Dubois.
"He's told me that he saw I was a great leader and that the Guard had instilled in me a no quit attitude that has helped me to become the employee I am today," said Dubois. "He's a reason why I push myself hard in my military and civilian career."
The nomination was unexpected but it was an honor to receive the award, said Goez.
"I am very excited to get this," said Goez. "This is a great place to work. I'm very proud of Brandon and our work here."