- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Guardsman honors local Jackson business
Jackson, Mo. -- Luiz Goez, operations manager at Blue Chip Midwest LLC., was recently presented with a Patriot Award in recognition of his extraordinary support of employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserves.
The Patriot Award was created by the Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve to recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees who have answered their nation's call to duty.
Goez was nominated by Sgt. Brandon Dubois, an employee for Blue Chip for three years and who is currently serving with the 1035th Maintenance Company at Jefferson Barracks.
As his manager, Goez has supported him in his military career and obligations, including an upcoming deployment next year, said Dubois.
"He's told me that he saw I was a great leader and that the Guard had instilled in me a no quit attitude that has helped me to become the employee I am today," said Dubois. "He's a reason why I push myself hard in my military and civilian career."
The nomination was unexpected but it was an honor to receive the award, said Goez.
"I am very excited to get this," said Goez. "This is a great place to work. I'm very proud of Brandon and our work here."