- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Guardsman honors local Jackson business
Jackson, Mo. -- Luiz Goez, operations manager at Blue Chip Midwest LLC., was recently presented with a Patriot Award in recognition of his extraordinary support of employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserves.
The Patriot Award was created by the Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve to recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees who have answered their nation's call to duty.
Goez was nominated by Sgt. Brandon Dubois, an employee for Blue Chip for three years and who is currently serving with the 1035th Maintenance Company at Jefferson Barracks.
As his manager, Goez has supported him in his military career and obligations, including an upcoming deployment next year, said Dubois.
"He's told me that he saw I was a great leader and that the Guard had instilled in me a no quit attitude that has helped me to become the employee I am today," said Dubois. "He's a reason why I push myself hard in my military and civilian career."
The nomination was unexpected but it was an honor to receive the award, said Goez.
"I am very excited to get this," said Goez. "This is a great place to work. I'm very proud of Brandon and our work here."