- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
Guardsman honors local Jackson business
Jackson, Mo. -- Luiz Goez, operations manager at Blue Chip Midwest LLC., was recently presented with a Patriot Award in recognition of his extraordinary support of employees who serve in the National Guard and Reserves.
The Patriot Award was created by the Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve to recognize individuals who provide outstanding patriotic support and cooperation to their employees who have answered their nation's call to duty.
Goez was nominated by Sgt. Brandon Dubois, an employee for Blue Chip for three years and who is currently serving with the 1035th Maintenance Company at Jefferson Barracks.
As his manager, Goez has supported him in his military career and obligations, including an upcoming deployment next year, said Dubois.
"He's told me that he saw I was a great leader and that the Guard had instilled in me a no quit attitude that has helped me to become the employee I am today," said Dubois. "He's a reason why I push myself hard in my military and civilian career."
The nomination was unexpected but it was an honor to receive the award, said Goez.
"I am very excited to get this," said Goez. "This is a great place to work. I'm very proud of Brandon and our work here."