- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Troy Mychal Carmona, 22, of Jackson died Monday, Dec. 5, 2011, in Jackson.
He was born Sept. 1, 1989, in Cape Girardeau, to Jody A. Jones and Leslie A. Carmona.
Troy was employed at Texas Roadhouse and attended Southeast Missouri State University. He was a member of Cape Girardeau Evening Optimist basketball team. He had plans to later join the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include his girlfriend, Phylicia Cooper of Webster Groves, Mo.; his parents, Jody and Leslie; three sisters, Jazmon DePree of St. Louis, Brittany Jones and Aysia Jones of Jackson; grandmother, Jackie Johnson of Jackson; and many uncles, aunts, cousins and friends.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday at Futrell Memorial Church, 344 S. Union Ave. in Jackson.
Williams Funeral Home in Sikeston, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.
Online condolences may be sent at www.thewilliamsfuneralhomes.com.