- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Carlene Kasten, 94, of Jackson died Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2011, at the home of her son.
She was born Aug. 18, 1917, in Jackson, to August and Minnie Peetz Hoffmeister. She and Ralph Kasten were married Aug. 3, 1946. He died Dec. 4, 2005.
Carlene was a member of New McKendree United Methodist Church and Altenthal-Joerns American Legion Post 158 Auxiliary. She was a former member of Eastern Star. She worked at the former Jackson Hosiery Mill and Bob's Donuts in Jackson.
She is survived by a son, Michael (Mary) Kasten of Jackson; a daughter, Linda (Mark) Slade of Pacific, Mo.; seven grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter; and a brother, Norman Hoffmeister of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and five sisters.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Saturday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
Graveside service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Russell Heights Cemetery, with the Rev. Nancy Gillard officiating.
Memorials may be made to Crown Hospice.