- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Norman E. Ing, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Dec. 5, 2011, at Landmark Hospital.
He was born Feb. 4, 1926, in Bollinger County, to Lige and Lennie Greabel Ing. He and Mary Cotner were married in 1945 in Cape Girardeau.
Ing was owner/operator of SEMO Tuck-Pointing in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Eugene Ing of Chaffee, Mo.; five daughters, Linda Horn of Cambria, Ill., Mary Ann Casey and Debra Hulsman of Livingston, Texas, Kristl Bowles of Carbondale, Ill., Sherry Ing of Perryville, Mo.; a brother, J.T. Ing of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Dorothy Bowman of Advance, Mo.; 21 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; and 18 great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, three sons, a brother and two grandsons.
Stormin' Norman was very much loved and will be deeply missed by all who knew him.
Friends may call from noon to service time Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Billy Garner officiating. Burial will be in McGee Chapel Cemetery at Glenallen, Mo.
Memorial contributions may be given to VNA Hospice, P.O. Box 1608, Sikeston, MO 63801, and will be accepted at the funeral home.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.