- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Southeast Missourian player of the week: Perryville's Bryce Weibrecht
Bryce Weibrecht's consistent performance during the Woodland boys basketball tournament helped Perryville capture the title.
Weibrecht opened the tournament by scoring 13 points in the Pirates' 62-23 victory over Zalma.
The senior continued to be a force in Perryville's 61-53 win over Oak Ridge in the semifinals.
Weibrecht scored a game-high 17 points against the Blue Jays.
Weibrecht finished the tournament with 21 points in the title game against Leopold. He scored 15 of his team's 24 points in the first half against the Wildcats.
"He was a big help in the first half," Perryville guard Ross Moldenhauer said about Weibrecht. "We couldn't get anything going, and he just kept us going. We helped him out in the second half."
The Pirates return to action Friday at Fredericktown.