- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Southeast Missouri State linebacker Peiffer garners national honor
The Jackson graduate was named to an All-American first team Tuesday
Southeast Missouri State junior linebacker Blake Peiffer has been selected to the first of what could be several All-America teams this year.
Peiffer, a Jackson High School graduate, was named Tuesday to College Sports Madness' Football Championship Subdivision All-America first team.
Peiffer, who College Sports Madness also picked as its Ohio Valley Conference defensive player of the year, garnered first-team all-OVC honors after leading the league and ranking third nationally with 13.7 tackles per game.
Peiffer had double-digit tackles in 10 of Southeast's 11 games and broke the school's single-season record for tackles with 151.
Peiffer was among three OVC players selected to the College Sports Madness All-America first team, joining Eastern Kentucky defensive back Jeremy Caldwell and Tennessee-Martin punt returner C.J. Estelle.
Southeast redshirt freshman wide receiver/return specialist Spencer Davis and sophomore punter Joe Vucic also were recognized on the College Sports Madness all-OVC squad. Davis was named the league's freshman of the year.