- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ZALMA, Mo. -- Donald Joe Northern Sr., 58, of Zalma passed away Monday, Dec. 5, 2011, at his home.
He was born Jan. 23, 1953, in Sikeston, Mo., son of John Wesley and Mary Ida Wilson Northern. He and Sue Waggoner were married June 21, 1980.
Northern was a dock supervisor at Malone and Hyde in Sikeston.
Survivors include a son, Donald Joe Northern II of Kennett, Mo.; two daughters, Christina Ward of Marble Hill, Mo., Emily Tucker of Chaffee, Mo.; four brothers, Charles Northern of St. Louis, Paul Northern of Sikeston, Oscar Northern of Jackson, Wis., Travis Cummins of Sikeston; two sisters, Hattie McDowell and Mary Hampton of Sikeston; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; and four brothers, John, Clyde, Ronnie and Raymond.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Hannah officiating. Burial will be in Northern Family Cemetery near Zalma.