- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Afternoon accident backs up traffic at busy Cape Girardeau intersection
A three-car accident caused major traffic problems at one of Cape Girardeau's busiest intersections Wednesday afternoon.
No serious injuries were reported in the wreck that happened at about 4:40 p.m. near where Mount Auburn Road, Lexington Avenue and North Kingshighway intersect on the north end of Cape Girardeau.
Police at the scene said a Mustang went into the left lane to avoid a car braking in front of it and hit a Ford Explorer. Both of those vehicles went into oncoming traffic, and the Mustang hit another vehicle head on. Three people were taken to Saint Francis Medical Center with injuries classified as minor to moderate.
The accident caused traffic to be backed up for more than an hour as many people were leaving work, and police redirected motorists in the area.