- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Petronella Ann "Pate" Lappe, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Dec. 3, 2011, at The Lutheran Home.
She was born March 3, 1925, in Cape Girardeau to Benjamin and Clara Meyer Halter. She and Flavian A. Lappe were married Oct. 15, 1946, in Apple Creek, Mo. He died December 7, 2008.
Pate was a member of St. Mary Cathedral, the Council of Catholic Women and St. Ann Sodality. Her hobbies include quilting, seamstress and gardening.
Survivors include a daughter, Patricia (Tom) Blattel of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Robert (Maryln) Lappe and Paul (Debbie) Lappe, both of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, Bernard Halter and Joe Halter of Cape Girardeau, Hubert Halter of Biehle, Mo., and Flavian (Barbara) Halter of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; two sisters, Marcella Kirn of Perryville, Mo., and Mary (Junior) Schwepker-Klipfel of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren, Amy (Shawn) Seabaugh, Michael (Jamie) Lappe, Brad (Leah) Lappe, Jeff (Sarah) Lappe, Kevin Lappe, Alan (Jessica) Blattel and Jonathan (Jamie Reynolds) Blattel; and 13 great-grandchildren, Addison, Brooke and Cooper Seabaugh, Andrew, Chloe, Austin, Chelsea and Carly Lappe, Trustin and Kamden Lappe and Dustin, Tyler and Eden Lappe.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her husband.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel, with parish prayers at 7 p.m., followed by Knights of Columbus rosary by St. Vincent Council No. 1111.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. Mary Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will follow at St. Mary's Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to St. Mary Cathedral, 615 William St. Cape Girardeau, MO 63703.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.