- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Ivan D. Holloway, 71, of Jackson passed away Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011, at his home.
He was born April 2, 1940, in Zalma, Mo., to Harold and Patricia O. Davis Holloway. He and Patricia A. Schneider were married July 8, 1961, at New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson.
Ivan was a graduate of Central High School in Cape Girardeau. He served a five-year pipe fitting apprenticeship and became a lifelong journeyman pipe fitter with Union Local 562 in Cape Girardeau.
He was an avid outdoorsman and enjoyed all kinds of hunting and fishing.
He was a lifelong member of New McKendree Methodist Church in Jackson, a 37-year member of Elks Lodge No. 639 in Cape Girardeau, a longtime member of St. Mark's Masonic Lodge in Cape Girardeau and a member of Lazy 8 Hunting Club near Zalma.
Survivors include his loving wife of 50 years, Pat, of Jackson; two daughters, Cynthia (Jeff) Oliver of Burfordville and LaDonna (Ron) Brown of Jackson; two grandchildren, Stephen Oliver of Chaffee, Mo., and Kyndle Brown of Jackson; and a great-granddaughter, Kylee Oliver of Chaffee.
Also surviving are four sisters, Debra Heck of St. Charles, Mo., Jo Gardner of St. Peters, Mo., Judy Hicks of Cape Girardeau and Doris Woods of Benton, Mo.; and a brother, Larry Holloway of Burfordville.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Wanda Varney; and two brothers, Rodney Holloway and Allen Holloway.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson. A Masonic service will be observed at 7 p.m., immediately followed by an Elks service.
Funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jimmie Corbin officiating.
Interment will follow in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.