- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Stolen Santa returned to Indiana man with note, $100
UNIONVILLE, Ind. -- A southern Indiana man has gotten an early Christmas gift: A 16-foot-tall inflatable Santa Claus stolen from his yard has been returned with $100 and a note of apology.
Jason McClaren tells The Herald-Times that someone returned the deflated Santa to his yard early Saturday in a trash bag that also contained the money and note.
He says the anonymous note makes it clear that the person who returned the Santa wasn't the thief who took it and two 6-foot tall penguins last week. The penguin decorations are still missing.
The typed note states: "Returning your property is the right thing to do, and apologies for the thief who took it in the first place."
McClaren says he plans to use the $100 to buy more decorations.