- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Glenna Beatrice Shaw was born Nov. 10, 1912, in Esther, Mo., to Adrian and Millie Cortor Bennett. Glenna passed from this life Thursday, Dec. 1, 2011, at the age of 99.
Glenna graduated from Elvins High School in Elvins, Mo. She married Ralph Wilson Shaw in 1935, and during their marriage, when Ralph was in the service in World War II, she worked in a shoe factory. Glenna and Ralph lived in Detroit, Desloge, Mo., Cape Girardeau and Jenks, Okla. She was a longtime member of St. James Presbyterian Church in Jenks and Westminister Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau, and she had a strong belief in the power of prayer.
She was preceded in death by her two sisters, Ethel Lola Long and Melldean Sabina Watts; a daughter, Dorothy Lee Shaw; and in 1999 she was preceded in death by her beloved husband, Ralph.
Glenna is survived by her son, Steve Shaw, of Skiatook, Okla.; a brother, the Rev. Carl Henry Bennett, of Lorida, Fla.; a granddaughter, Kristina Beatrice Dixon; son-in-law Greg Dixon of Broken Arrow, Okla.; and three great-grandchildren, Samantha, Tyler and Gage Dixon, all of Broken Arrow.
A memorial service will be at 11:30 a.m. Monday at St. James Presbyterian Church, 11970 S. Elm St. in Jenks. A private family graveside service will be held at Floral Haven Memorial Gardens in Broken Arrow.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to your favorite charity or St. James Presbyterian Church, 11970 S. Elm St., Jenks, OK 74037.
Ninde Brookside Chapel is in charge of arrangements.