- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Karla Jean Brown, 56, of Jackson passed away peacefully Friday, Dec. 2, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 9, 1955, in Bermuda to Bill and Billie McCanless Criddle.
Karla graduated from Oak Ridge High School in 1973. She was a member of the First Baptist Church of Oak Ridge.
Karla is survived by her parents, Bill and Billie Criddle of Oak Ridge; a daughter, Billie (Josh) Mohr of Elkhorn, Wis.; a sister, Donna (Joe) Hoeh and a brother, Danny (Donna) Criddle, both of Jackson; a grandson, Casey "Little Casey" Rhodes of Panama City Beach, Fla.; a dear friend, John Goodson of Jackson; several aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.
She was preceded in death by a son, Casey Rhodes.
Karla's family would like to thank everyone at Southeast Hospital for their kindness and compassionate care.
Visitation will be from 4 p.m. to service time Monday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jon Sedgwick officiating.
In memory of Karla and in lieu of memorials, her family's wishes are for everyone to smile at a stranger and tell your family and friends how much you love them.