- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Slinkard - 50 Years
ORAN, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. Jeryl Wilson Slinkard of Oran observed their 50th wedding anniversary with several celebrations.
The first was June 18 at the home of a daughter and grandsons, Cheryl Slinkard, Ryan Ross and Quentin Valencia, in Yorba Linda, Calif.
A family picnic was held Aug. 27 at the home of a daughter and son-in-law, Kandy and Rob Schlitt, and grandson Connor Schlitt, of Jackson. Guests attended from Southeast Missouri, St. Louis, and California.
The couple also went to the Smoky Mountains and celebrated with family residing in Tennessee.
Slinkard and Beverly Dawn Roberts were married Aug. 4, 1961, at First Baptist Church in Oran.
He is the son of the late Hubert W. and Eva Evelyn Mobley Slinkard of Randles. She is the daughter of the late Henry and Mary Ellen Riston Roberts of Oran.