- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Strickland - Usher
Shanna Strickland and Michael Usher were married Sept. 24, 2011, at Grand Avenue Christian Church in Carbondale, Ill. Jon Hughes performed the ceremony. Christy Howerton of Carterville, Ill., was soloist.
The bride is the daughter of Ted and Gail Guffey of Jackson. The groom is the son of Eddie and Janet Usher of Marion, Ill.
Bridesmaids were Lauri Guffey of Jackson, sister-in-law of the bride; Heather Holdman of Jackson, and Jessica Boyd of Marble Hill, Mo.
Groomsmen were Jeremy Winings of Fairview Heights, Ill., Jason Shimp of Durango, Colo., and Stephen Steckenrider of Metropolis, Ill. Ushers were Johnny Guffey of Jackson, brother of the bride; Cody Usher of Conway, Ark., brother of the groom; and Brian Holdman of Jackson.
Flower girl was Ashlyn Holdman, ringbearer was Brayden Guffey, and signbearer was Gavin Holdman. Ashlyn and Gavin are children of Brian and Heather Holdman. Brayden is the son of Johnny and Lauri Guffey and nephew of the bride.
The reception was held at Kokopelli Clubhouse in Marion.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 23 at Legends at Walker's Bluff in Carbondale.
Mrs. Usher is a 1995 graduate of Central High School. She received a bachelor's degree in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University in 2000. She is a registered nurse at Doctors Park Surgery Center.
The groom is a 1992 graduate of Herrin High School in Herrin, Ill. He received a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice from Hannibal-LaGrange University in 1996. He is a trooper with Illinois State Police.
After a cruise to Key West, Grand Cayman and Jamaica, the couple is residing in Goreville, Ill.