- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)15
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Downtown Cape Girardeau is a great place to be this time of year. From storefront decorations to wreaths lining the streets, the holiday traditions make for a festive atmosphere.
Tonight another Christmas tradition will take place: the Downtown Christmas Open House. From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in downtown Cape Girardeau there will be great in-store events and holiday shopping options, free carriage rides, free pictures with Santa and children's activities in Santa's workshop. There will also be caroling and a chance to win a $1,500 downtown shopping spree.
Those interested in the shopping spree can complete an entry form at Hutson's Fine Furniture, at 116 N. Main St., or at 208 Independence St. Shoppers will receive a ticket packet, and for each ticket deposited in a participating retailers Christmas box you'll be entered for a chance to win.
Retailers with Christmas boxes include: Annie Em's Antiques and Gifts, Brown's Shoe Fit Co., Hutson's Fine Furniture, Jayson Jewelers, Kids Bazaar, Renaissance, Somewhere in Time Antiques, Zickfield's Jewelers and Gifts, Top of the Line Athletics, The Tarnished Buckle, Buckner Brewing Co., Lang Jewelers, Pastimes Antiques, eDen Spa and Salon, Bilderback Art Plaza and C.P. McGinty Jewelers.
Among the unique attractions this evening, Pastimes Antiques will have live mannequin modeling. Some of the models were also involved in the October Vintage Now Fashion Show.
This is the fifth year for the open house, and if you're looking for family-oriented Christmas activities, this is a wonderful event to attend.
To see a photo gallery of the night's festivities, visit semissourian.com this weekend.