- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Downtown Cape Girardeau is a great place to be this time of year. From storefront decorations to wreaths lining the streets, the holiday traditions make for a festive atmosphere.
Tonight another Christmas tradition will take place: the Downtown Christmas Open House. From 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in downtown Cape Girardeau there will be great in-store events and holiday shopping options, free carriage rides, free pictures with Santa and children's activities in Santa's workshop. There will also be caroling and a chance to win a $1,500 downtown shopping spree.
Those interested in the shopping spree can complete an entry form at Hutson's Fine Furniture, at 116 N. Main St., or at 208 Independence St. Shoppers will receive a ticket packet, and for each ticket deposited in a participating retailers Christmas box you'll be entered for a chance to win.
Retailers with Christmas boxes include: Annie Em's Antiques and Gifts, Brown's Shoe Fit Co., Hutson's Fine Furniture, Jayson Jewelers, Kids Bazaar, Renaissance, Somewhere in Time Antiques, Zickfield's Jewelers and Gifts, Top of the Line Athletics, The Tarnished Buckle, Buckner Brewing Co., Lang Jewelers, Pastimes Antiques, eDen Spa and Salon, Bilderback Art Plaza and C.P. McGinty Jewelers.
Among the unique attractions this evening, Pastimes Antiques will have live mannequin modeling. Some of the models were also involved in the October Vintage Now Fashion Show.
This is the fifth year for the open house, and if you're looking for family-oriented Christmas activities, this is a wonderful event to attend.
To see a photo gallery of the night's festivities, visit semissourian.com this weekend.