- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Man accused of grabbing gun during Cape Girardeau argument over gas
A Jackson man is in custody after he allegedly wielded a gun during a verbal altercation with a woman at a Cape Girardeau gas station Monday night.
James H. Swift, 38, allegedly engaged in an argument with a woman while he was pumping gas at Kidd's, 1325 Broadway, around 7 p.m. Monday, police spokesman Darin Hickey said. The woman was waiting to use the gas pump Swift was using. During the argument, Swift allegedly went to his car and tucked a handgun in his waistband and showed it to the woman.
Swift did not point the gun at the woman, Hickey said.
Swift was arrested and charged with unlawful use of a weapon. He was being held on $7,500 bond in Cape Girardeau County Jail.
1325 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, Mo.