- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Tilley endroses Mitt Romney
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Another prominent Missouri Republican is endorsing former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney for the GOP presidential race.
On Thursday, Missouri House Speaker Steven Tilley cited Romney's experience and said that he seemed to be the best positioned among the GOP candidates to beat President Barack Obama. Tilley, of Perryville, called it a "no-brainer."
Several Missouri Republicans already have offered support for Romney, including U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt, former U.S. Sen. Jim Talent and Missouri Auditor Tom Schweich.
Tilley says he wants to help Romney's campaign in Missouri. Tilley has developed relationships throughout the state during the course of his career in the Legislature. Those connections could prove particularly useful because Missouri Republicans will award presidential delegates through a caucus process that starts in March.