- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Ruth Edna Heuer, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Nov. 27, 2011, at Ratliff Care Center.
She was born July 8, 1922, in Cape Girardeau, to Arthur L. and Helen Bertling Kelpe. She graduated from College High School in 1940. She and Hilbert L. "Bert" Heuer were married Sept. 22, 1946, in Cape Girardeau. He died Oct. 16, 2008.
Ruth was employed with Southwestern Bell Telephone 27 years. She was a member of Telephone Pioneers of America since 1966. She was a member of St. Andrew Lutheran Church, LWML, Altar Guild and a small Bible study group.
Survivors include three brothers, Donald F. (Diane) Kelpe, Gerald A. (Bonnie) Kelpe and James H. (Jeanne) Kelpe, all of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Dorothy L.J. Gray of Canton, Ill.; several nieces, nephews, great-nieces and nephews, and great-great-nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by parents; husband; a sister, Verna A. Gross, March 22, 1999; and a brother-in-law, James F. Gray.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel, and from 9 a.m. to service time Saturday at St. Andrew Lutheran Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Paul Short officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.
Memorial contributions may be given to Old Hanover Lutheran Church Fund or St. Andrew Lutheran Church.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.