- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
OAK RIDGE, Mo. -- Ora O. Friese, 71, passed away Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011, at his home in Oak Ridge.
He was born Nov. 11, 1940, in Sedgewickville, Mo., to Albert and Dona Hobeck Friese.
Friese was a lifelong farmer in the Sedgewickville community, and also served the area as a volunteer fireman. He attended Sedgewickville Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a sister, Ella Yeager of Oak Ridge; several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; three sisters, Jane Wille, Mary Zimmerman and Minnie Tuschhoff; and four brothers, Oda, Loy, Luther and John Henry Friese.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bob Eisenhauer officiating. Interment will be in New Salem Cemetery in Daisy.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to New Salem UMC Cemetery Fund or Sargents Chapel Cemetery Fund.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.