Cape Girardeau School District employees will see a change in their health insurance provider that will increase some deductible payments and decrease payments in other areas.
The school board voted unaminously Monday to approve moving the district's medical insurance to Coventry Health Care from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. The plans will go into effect Jan. 1.
The total savings to the district for the 2011-2012 school year is estimated to be $265,687. The base plan includes a district-funded health reimbursement account totaling $900 annually per employee, according to the motion filed before the meeting. Another option, the health savings plan, includes a health savings account of $900 annually for each benefit-eligible employee.
Changes to the base plan include the following, according to the motion:
* The in-network deductible will increase from $2,500 to $3,000 for a single; and from $5,000 to $6,000 for a family.
* The out-of-network deductible will increase from $5,000 to $6,000 for a single; and decrease for a family from $15,000 to $12,000.
* Out-of-pocket in-network maximum will decrease from $5,000 to $3,000 for a single and from $10,000 to $6,000 for a family.
* Out-of-pocket network will decrease from $10,000 to $8,000 for a single and from $20,000 to $16,000 for a family.
* Office visit co-pays will decrease from $30 to $25.
* Generic prescription co-pays will decrease from $15 to $12.
* Other prescription co-pays will also decrease.
According to the motion, board paid medical insurance costs will decrease 24 percent for the base plan.
301 N. Clark Ave., Cape Girardeau, MO