- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ag Expo is Jan. 20-21 in Poplar Bluff
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Ag Expo will celebrate its 26th anniversary Jan. 20 and 21 at the Black River Coliseum in Poplar Bluff. The expo, which is one of the largest agriculture trade shows in the region, was attended last year by 12,000 people.
The two-day event is sponsored by Butler County University of Missouri Extension Council and the Ag Club of Three Rivers College.
There will be 118 booths available to visit and learn firsthand about agriculture and natural resources and their importance to the area's economy. Agriculture booth spaces are available to rent and the expo will also feature outdoor exhibits.
The event will take place from 1 to 8 p.m. Jan. 20, and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 21, Admission is free and the two days are packed with family activities. Entertainment and events include gospel, jazz and contemporary music; agriculture seminars; beauty pageants; and toy tractor pedal pull contests for children ages 4 to 9. There will be tractor driving contests for FFA members; a petting farm; an old time auction; a milking contest; an ag photography contest; duck calling contest for adults and children; and a baking contest. This year the pesticide applicator training for private re-certification will be at the Expo on Friday afternoon from 1 to 4 p.m.
For more information, to purchase booth space and to register for the beauty contest, contact the University of Missouri Extension Center, 222 N. Broadway, Poplar Bluff (573-686-8064) or go online to www.extension.missouri.edu/butler.
Black River Coliseum, Poplar Bluff, MO
222 N. Broadway, Poplar Bluff, MO