- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Raymond E. "Pete" McClard, 89, of Jackson passed away Friday, Nov. 25, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 12, 1922, at Neely's Landing, to Harry and Alpha Craft McClard. He and Wanda Jean Keller were married Feb. 2, 1947, at Batavia, Iowa. They had been married 61 years when Wanda passed away April 6, 2008.
Pete attended the former rural Cape County grade schools of Pocahontas, Shepherd, High Hill and Oak Hill. He farmed several years, worked for the former Nichols Transfer, the former Cook Plumbing and Heating and 15 years at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
Loving survivors include two children, Gary W. (Shirley) McClard and Vicky L. Whitledge, both of Jackson; a brother, John McClard of Jackson; nine grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, Ricky McClard; a son-in-law, Duane Whitledge; six sisters; and one brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home with the Rev. John Rhodes officiating. Interment will follow in New Bethel Cemetery near Pocahontas.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to New Bethel Cemetery.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.