- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Bahn - Weitzel
Caitlin Rebecca Bahn and Kirtley James Weitzel were united in marriage Oct. 1, 2011, at First Presbyterian Church. Dr. Jeff Long and the Rev. William Vincent performed the ceremony. Pianist was Shane Steck of Cape Girardeau.
Parents of the couple are Dr. L. Taylor and Nancy Bahn of Cape Girardeau, and James and Tracey Weitzel of Orlando, Fla.
Maid of honor was A. Carsen Eileen Bahn of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Rachael Bogema of Memphis, Tenn., Laura Locke of Fair Hope, Ala., Tara Lane Ferrell of Cape Girardeau, and Taylor Lynn Weitzel of Orlando, sister of the groom.
Christopher Stokes of Columbia, S.C., was best man. Groomsmen were Justin Rascati of Louisville, Ky., cousin of the groom; Jackson Taylor Bahn of Salida, Colo., brother of the bride; and Adam Nichols of Winter Park, Fla.
Flower girls were Ainsley Elizabeth and Kaleigh Grace Howard, and Julia LiDan Johnson, cousins of the bride. Ainsley and Kaleigh are daughters of Timothy and Coleen Howard of Philadelphia, Pa. Julia is the daughter of Keith and Sarah Johnson of Washington, D.C.
Program and registry attendants were Caroline Nicole Johnson and Mary Kate and Ian Thomas Myers, cousins of the bride. Caroline is the daughter of Keith and Sarah Johnson. Mary Kate and Ian are the children of Chris and Mellany Jung of Jackson.
The reception was held at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 30 at Celebrations.
Mrs. Weitzel is a graduate of Central High School, and received a bachelor of science degree in political science from Rhodes College in Memphis, Tenn. She is manager of Huntsville Athletic Club in Huntsville, Ala.
The groom is a graduate of Fairfax High School in Fairfax, Va. He received a bachelor of science degree in project management from the University of South Carolina, and a master's degree in corporate finance from the University of Pennsylvania. He is a project manager with Lockheed-Martin in Huntsville.
After a wedding trip to Costa Rica, the couple is residing in Huntsville.