- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Why the holidays need yoga
Cape Girardeau, Mo. -- There are 6.79 million search engine hits for "holiday stress." It may be the most wonderful time of the year, but it's also the most stressful for many people. The list of holiday demands is long -- entertaining, cleaning, baking, shopping, parties.
And medical professionals say finding balance and maintaining perspective is key to celebrating a happy holiday season. Which makes yoga the perfect addition to both your to-do list and your gift list.
"This is a great time of year to participate in a yoga class," says Lauren Jones, owner and instructor at The Source -- Yoga 'N More in Cape Girardeau. "Yoga is proven to calm the mind, decrease irritability, increase metabolism and energy, and reduce stress and mental fatigue. Just about everyone can use some of that right now."
The Source -- Yoga 'N More offers a variety of yoga classes for all ages and levels, from beginners to advanced. Also available are a wide range of other mind/body offerings, including dance, IntenSati, Pilates, Tai Chi and Zhineng Qigong.
"Yoga is also a unique gifting option," says Jones. "The Source is offering holiday gift cards so you can give the gift of body-mind harmony throughout the year. Treat a friend or loved one, or treat yourself. Either way, it's a gift you can feel good about."
About the Source:
The Source ¬-- Yoga 'N More, Cape Girardeau's only mind/body studio, is located inside the City Centre at 2502 Tanner Drive. Learn more at www.thesource-yoganmore.com, or by following The Source on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesourceyoganmore