- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)4
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Why the holidays need yoga
Cape Girardeau, Mo. -- There are 6.79 million search engine hits for "holiday stress." It may be the most wonderful time of the year, but it's also the most stressful for many people. The list of holiday demands is long -- entertaining, cleaning, baking, shopping, parties.
And medical professionals say finding balance and maintaining perspective is key to celebrating a happy holiday season. Which makes yoga the perfect addition to both your to-do list and your gift list.
"This is a great time of year to participate in a yoga class," says Lauren Jones, owner and instructor at The Source -- Yoga 'N More in Cape Girardeau. "Yoga is proven to calm the mind, decrease irritability, increase metabolism and energy, and reduce stress and mental fatigue. Just about everyone can use some of that right now."
The Source -- Yoga 'N More offers a variety of yoga classes for all ages and levels, from beginners to advanced. Also available are a wide range of other mind/body offerings, including dance, IntenSati, Pilates, Tai Chi and Zhineng Qigong.
"Yoga is also a unique gifting option," says Jones. "The Source is offering holiday gift cards so you can give the gift of body-mind harmony throughout the year. Treat a friend or loved one, or treat yourself. Either way, it's a gift you can feel good about."
About the Source:
The Source ¬-- Yoga 'N More, Cape Girardeau's only mind/body studio, is located inside the City Centre at 2502 Tanner Drive. Learn more at www.thesource-yoganmore.com, or by following The Source on Facebook at www.facebook.com/thesourceyoganmore