- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/24/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Coaches did a great job
The high school football coach teaches athletes to play to the best of their ability. Coaches teach sportsmanship and teamwork. The coach creates an environment that allows students an opportunity to excel. If student athletes learn these things, take advantage of that environment, and have enough natural ability they will win games.
Van Hitt and Bob Sink at the very least are good coaches. I thought they were great coaches. Having been a Jackson fan for five decades, I've sat through plenty of football. Jackson recently had three losing seasons. The first two were due to lack of talent. This year was a young but improving team. Hitt and Sink did the great job they've done for decades. They have inspired former players to become coaches that are now Jackson's competition. Even with a good program there will be winning and losing seasons.
Sink and Hitt still have a love of the game. They still set a fine example for the children. I fear this "demanded resignation" has been done for all the wrong reasons. I fear it is the discontent of spoiled children who can't admit their children aren't "superstars."
I fear that the administration and school board aren't wise enough to see this. The only wrong doing I can find is the destruction of the practice field at a critical training point. If a scapegoat must be found, ask for the resignation of Dr. Anderson and Dr. Fisher. We can vote the school board out.
MIKE MORTON, Jackson