- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)5
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Manpower Associates Raise Money for Local Charity
Cape Girardeau area Manpower Associates recently held Halloween Bake Sales to raise money for the Manpower Associate Peer Assistance Committee (MAPAC) Christmas Fund. The 4 teams raised a combined total of $1225.00 that will be used to help families of local Manpower Associates that are in need this Christmas. D-Team, pictured here, was the winner of the challenge, having raised an amazing $560.50. D-Team is led by Chauncy Hilliard, Shift Manager.
MAPAC, the Manpower Associate Peer Assistance Committee, was created in 2009 to assist local Manpower Associates that find themselves facing difficult situations that are beyond their control. The purpose of the committee is to promote coordination and collaboration between Manpower Associates and all available community resources in order to empower individuals and families to become more self-reliant, responsible and resourceful.
In the 3 years that MAPAC has been active, over $9,000.00 has been given to local Manpower Associates to help them through illness, losses of loved ones, fires, floods, and a variety of personal crises. MAPAC sincerely appreciates the efforts of everyone that helps us raise funds for these activities.