- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)4
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Ohio troopers find gift-wrapped marijuana in car
SPRINGFIELD, Ohio -- Ohio troopers making a traffic stop say they found a pot present: a gift-wrapped package containing 25 individually wrapped packets of marijuana.
The driver, from Washington state, has been charged with trafficking and possession of marijuana and possession of criminal tools, both felonies, and a misdemeanor count of driving under suspension.
The State Highway Patrol said the 28 pounds of pot discovered in the car's trunk is valued at more than $63,000.
Robert Gomez, 35, of Bremerton, Wash., is being held in the Clark County jail.
Jail officials didn't know whether he had an attorney, and none was indicated in court records.