- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Two men accused of Cairo arsons likely to stand trial in February
CAIRO, Ill. -- Two men accused of burning buildings in Cairo will likely stand trial in February.
Richard Scott Pitcher, 18, of Cairo, and David Patrick, 22, of Arlington, Ky., are both charged with two counts of arson. Patrick's attorney represented him in Alexander County Circuit Court Wednesday for pretrial motions. Pitcher was set to have pretrial motions Wednesday too, but because of an emergency in his attorney's family, he did not appear. Both men's cases were continued to Jan. 9. A February start date for both of their trials is anticipated, Alexander County Circuit Court Judge Charles Cavaness said.
Court documents allege the men are responsible for fires on 33rd Street in Cairo and others near the Mississippi River levee in January.
2000 Washington Ave., Cairo, IL