- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Janis Marie Payne, 70, of Chaffee died Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 31, 1941, in Knob Lick, Mo., daughter of John S. and Alma Lee Brown Martin. Janis met John D. Payne while attending Kewanee High School and was married Dec. 27, 1960.
Janis was a member of First Baptist Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include her husband of the home; a son, Jonathan Payne; a daughter-in-law, Wendy Payne; three grandchildren, Katy, Christopher and Jessica Payne, all of Huntsville, Ala.
She was preceded in death by a son, Christopher David Payne, on Dec. 30, 1986.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at First Baptist Church. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to First Baptist Church in Chaffee in memory of Janis or Christopher Payne.