- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SILVA, Mo. -- Wilber Eugene "Gene" Vandergriff, 79, of Silva died Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2011, at his home.
He was born Feb. 28, 1932, in Greenville, Mo., son of Wilbur Howell Vandergriff and Grace Ellen French.
Vandergriff worked in maintenance for the city of Greenville, and before this he worked 13 years with Missouri Department of Transportation. He was a member of New Hope General Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife, Clara Rosetta Clubb Vandergriff; two sons, Larry (Rhonda) Vandergriff of Jackson, Robert (Debbie) Vandergriff of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; three grandchildren, Justin Vandergriff, Ethan Vandergriff and Stephanie Moon; and three great-grandchildren, Madison, Mason and McKayla.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Donald Vandergriff; and three sisters, Vivian Hickok, Shirley Helm and Alma Vandergriff.
Friends will be received from 5 to 9 p.m. today at New Hope General Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the church, with Dan Ross and Tommy Brown officiating. Interment will be in Greenville Cemetery.
Contributions may be made to New Hope Christian Academy.
Ruegg Funeral Home in Piedmont, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.