- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
7th grade football team is undefeated
The Central Junior High School 7th grade football team finished a perfect 6-0 season this year. It's the first undefeated 7th grade team and the first CJHS team to go undefeated since 1987. The season included wins over Jefferson County 50-0, Kennett 28-0, Jackson 14-6, Farmington 30-16, Sikeston 32-14, and Poplar Bluff 38-14.
Team members are Trent Leimer, Tyler Banks, Adriano Grim, Rickey Foulks, Blake Harris, Davion Clark, Tremayne Sutherland, Ajai McReynolds, Kwaychon Chisom, Christian Mitchell, Thomas Batchelor, Justin Spinner, Elijah Reyes, Tesean Scott, Noah Faulkner, Bennett Robinson, Austin Clubb, Hunter Limbach, Kegan Bramlett, Jackson White, Harrison Ayers, Noah Jones, Jonathon Bohnert, Drew Thatcher, Zach Stevens, Daryl Stagger, Gavin Green, Gavin Monohan, Trevone Sutherland and Joseph Reed.
Head Coach Mike Conner said, "These players were dedicated, focused and played extremely hard. We are very proud of them and are also grateful for the support of parents and boosters. Without them our success would not have been possible." Assistant Coaches are Don Porter, Paul McGuire and James Hitt. Student assistant coach is Lance Powers. Managers are Steven Hendricks and Brock Baugher.