- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Sikeston man sought in Halloween shooting
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A reward is offered for a Sikeston man wanted in connection with a shooting Halloween night.
Police are seeking information about the whereabouts of Dominique Duval Tipler, 24. Tipler is charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action in the shooting of a 24-year-old Sikeston man at a home on Prosperity Street.
According to Lt. Jim McMillen of the Department of Public Safety, Tipler allegedly tried to rob the victim, demanding his money at gunpoint.
"The victim said he attempted to talk some sense to his friend for a short period of time. When he ran to the door to escape, he said Mr. Tipler began shooting at him," McMillen said.
The victim was shot twice in the leg before he was able to exit the home. Tipler reportedly ran after the man, tackled him and took his cellphone and wallet.
McMillen said the victim is expected to recover.
Bond for Tipler is set at $150,000 cash only.