- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
St. Pius earns state volleyball title
Four champions were crowned Saturday as the two-day state high school volleyball tournament concluded at the Show Me Center.
Lafayette, from suburban St. Louis, won the Class 4 title with a 25-23, 24-26, 25-16 victory over Lee's Summit West from the Kansas City area.
Villa Duchesne, another suburban St. Louis team, prevailed in Class 3 by sweeping St. Pius X of Kansas City 25-21, 25-22.
St. Pius X of Festus, which handed Scott City its only loss of the season during the sectional round, claimed Class 2 honors with a 27-25, 25-16 win over Fatima.
Defending Class 1 champion Valle Catholic from Ste. Genevieve fell short in its bid for a repeat by losing to Eminence 25-16, 25-17.