- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Son to James Earl and Jessica Nichole Powers of Advance, Mo., Southeast Hospital, 4:15 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, 2011. Name, Nash James. Weight, 7 pounds, 8 ounces. First child. Mrs. Powers is the former Jessica Bailey, daughter of Kenny and Tina Bailey of Advance. She is a registered nurse at Southeast. Powers is the son of Charlie Powers of Wappapello, Mo., and Dewey and Kim Thurman of Flat Rock, Ill. He is a deputy with the Stoddard County Sheriff's Department.
Son to Daniel Kristopher and Georgie Anna Holt of Perryville, Mo., Saint Francis Medical Center, 7:35 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, 2011. Name, Wyatt Daniel. Weight, 8 pounds, 3 ounces. Mrs. Holt is the former Georgie Planthaber, daughter of Charles Planthaber of Prophetstown, Ill., and the late Bette Planthaber. Holt is the son of Bill and Linda Holt of Perryville. He is employed at Sabreliner Corp.
Daughter to Matt R. and Sarah E. Meyers of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Hospital, 2:27 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, 2011. Name, Madelyn Grace. Weight, 7 pounds, 2 ounces. Fourth daughter. Mrs. Meyers is the former Sarah Sterlin, daughter of James and Josephine Sterlin of St. Louis. Mr. and Mrs. Meyers are employed at Papa Murphy's in Sikeston. He is the son of Jim and Melody Hutson of Cape Girardeau.
Daughter to Timothy S. and Alicia N. Bitter of Cape Girardeau, Saint Francis Medical Center, 4:11 a.m. Friday, Oct. 28, 2011. Name, Julia Claire. Weight, 7 pounds, 11 ounces. Second daughter. Mrs. Bitter is the former Alicia Griffin, daughter of David and Betty Adams of Sikeston, Mo., and Wayne Griffin of Matthews, Mo. She is billing and compliance specialist with Immediate Convenient Care. Bitter is the son of Jerry and Ruth Bitter of Festus, Mo. He is an assistant manager at Walmart in Sikeston.
Daughter to Dustin and Bryanna Wareing of Jackson, Saint Francis Medical Center, 2:06 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, 2011. Name, Aubrey Jo. Weight, 5 pounds, 12 ounces. Second child, first daughter. Mrs. Wareing is the daughter of Brian and Jo Ann Barrett of Marble Hill, Mo. She is an accountant with Idyllic Enterprises. Wareing is the son of Everett and Twyla Wareing of Thebes, Ill. He is a quality control technician at Spartech Plastics.
Daughter to Travis Alan and Whitney Kay McFall of Oak Ridge, Southeast Hospital, 5:34 p.m. Friday, Oct. 28, 2011. Name, Tobi Jean. Weight, 7 pounds, 9 ounces. Third child, first daughter. Mrs. McFall is the former Whitney Baer, daughter of Donna and Kerry Thompson of Scott City and Richard Baer of Old Appleton. She is employed with Oak Ridge School District. McFall is the son of Robert and Betty McFall of Scott City. He is employed by Mr. Muffler.
Son to Scott Michael and Samantha Rhodes of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Hospital, 12:21 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 29, 2011. Name, Addison Michael. Weight, 7 pounds, 1 ounce. Second child, first son. Mrs. Rhodes is the former Samantha Brown, daughter of Dr. Mike and Dianne Brown of Englewood, Fla. Rhodes is the son of Carole Rhodes of Cape Girardeau, and the late Vernon "PeeWee" Rhodes. He is employed at Plaza Tire Service.