- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
5 charged in Halloween candy theft
DALE CITY, Va. -- Police in Virginia say five teenagers have been charged with beating two youngsters who wouldn't hand over their Halloween candy.
Prince William County police report one robber implied he had a handgun when the group confronted a pair of trick-or-treaters Monday night in Dale City.
Four of the teenagers are juveniles, ages 16 and 17, and their names have not been released. The fifth alleged robber, 19-year-old Andre Diggs, is being held without bond. A telephone message seeking comment left Saturday with a man listed as his attorney, Charles Ashton, was not immediately returned.
The suspects have been charged with robbery and assault by a mob.