- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
5 charged in Halloween candy theft
DALE CITY, Va. -- Police in Virginia say five teenagers have been charged with beating two youngsters who wouldn't hand over their Halloween candy.
Prince William County police report one robber implied he had a handgun when the group confronted a pair of trick-or-treaters Monday night in Dale City.
Four of the teenagers are juveniles, ages 16 and 17, and their names have not been released. The fifth alleged robber, 19-year-old Andre Diggs, is being held without bond. A telephone message seeking comment left Saturday with a man listed as his attorney, Charles Ashton, was not immediately returned.
The suspects have been charged with robbery and assault by a mob.