- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
5 charged in Halloween candy theft
DALE CITY, Va. -- Police in Virginia say five teenagers have been charged with beating two youngsters who wouldn't hand over their Halloween candy.
Prince William County police report one robber implied he had a handgun when the group confronted a pair of trick-or-treaters Monday night in Dale City.
Four of the teenagers are juveniles, ages 16 and 17, and their names have not been released. The fifth alleged robber, 19-year-old Andre Diggs, is being held without bond. A telephone message seeking comment left Saturday with a man listed as his attorney, Charles Ashton, was not immediately returned.
The suspects have been charged with robbery and assault by a mob.