- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
5 charged in Halloween candy theft
DALE CITY, Va. -- Police in Virginia say five teenagers have been charged with beating two youngsters who wouldn't hand over their Halloween candy.
Prince William County police report one robber implied he had a handgun when the group confronted a pair of trick-or-treaters Monday night in Dale City.
Four of the teenagers are juveniles, ages 16 and 17, and their names have not been released. The fifth alleged robber, 19-year-old Andre Diggs, is being held without bond. A telephone message seeking comment left Saturday with a man listed as his attorney, Charles Ashton, was not immediately returned.
The suspects have been charged with robbery and assault by a mob.