- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)58
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
5 charged in Halloween candy theft
DALE CITY, Va. -- Police in Virginia say five teenagers have been charged with beating two youngsters who wouldn't hand over their Halloween candy.
Prince William County police report one robber implied he had a handgun when the group confronted a pair of trick-or-treaters Monday night in Dale City.
Four of the teenagers are juveniles, ages 16 and 17, and their names have not been released. The fifth alleged robber, 19-year-old Andre Diggs, is being held without bond. A telephone message seeking comment left Saturday with a man listed as his attorney, Charles Ashton, was not immediately returned.
The suspects have been charged with robbery and assault by a mob.