- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Speak Out 11/7/11
TO all the CEOs making the big bucks: It's not fair that you make so much money because you chose to educate yourself, take on more risks than I did, make better decisions than me, hired employees and paid them what they were worth, and still maintained a profit margin to keep your stockholders happy. It's not fair that you make so much money. I want you to give me your money or as much as it takes for us to be even -- even though I didn't do all those things myself. It's only fair. This is America.
EXTREME couponers: I don't mind that you clear the shelves or that I have to patiently wait behind you at the registers because you misjudged what your total should be. But I draw the line when it comes to stealing my paper from my driveway or stealing the ones in the Post-Dispatch at the gas station. It is ridiculous that someone would have such disregard for others.
ID voting cards
THERE will be a lot of people that will not be able to go get their cards or pay for them. It might be a good idea if they would go to the homes and take the people's pictures and give them cards for free, just as they do in checking the census. But how good are these cards going to be? There are so many fake or stolen driver's licenses, liquor ID cards and student ID cards. I am not so sure it is worth the time and money.
SOMEONE claiming to be excessively bothered by deer asked for advice on what to do: Move.
FOR a Halloween party I dressed as a Cape Girardeau traffic cop in charge of pulling people over for running red stop lights. But no one had ever seen one, so the costume was a huge waste of money.