- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
Speak Out 11/7/11
TO all the CEOs making the big bucks: It's not fair that you make so much money because you chose to educate yourself, take on more risks than I did, make better decisions than me, hired employees and paid them what they were worth, and still maintained a profit margin to keep your stockholders happy. It's not fair that you make so much money. I want you to give me your money or as much as it takes for us to be even -- even though I didn't do all those things myself. It's only fair. This is America.
EXTREME couponers: I don't mind that you clear the shelves or that I have to patiently wait behind you at the registers because you misjudged what your total should be. But I draw the line when it comes to stealing my paper from my driveway or stealing the ones in the Post-Dispatch at the gas station. It is ridiculous that someone would have such disregard for others.
ID voting cards
THERE will be a lot of people that will not be able to go get their cards or pay for them. It might be a good idea if they would go to the homes and take the people's pictures and give them cards for free, just as they do in checking the census. But how good are these cards going to be? There are so many fake or stolen driver's licenses, liquor ID cards and student ID cards. I am not so sure it is worth the time and money.
SOMEONE claiming to be excessively bothered by deer asked for advice on what to do: Move.
FOR a Halloween party I dressed as a Cape Girardeau traffic cop in charge of pulling people over for running red stop lights. But no one had ever seen one, so the costume was a huge waste of money.