- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Kentucky man killed in Friday morning Interstate 55 wreck near Fruitland
A Friday morning crash involving two tractor-trailers on Interstate 55 near Fruitland led to the death of a Kentucky man.
Randy E. Stewart, 55, of Barlow, Ky., died of blunt force trauma at the scene, Cape Girardeau County Coroner John Clifton said.
The crash happened when Stewart's tractor-trailer rear-ended another in the southbound lanes near the Fruitland exit. The driver of the other tractor-trailer was unharmed.
Stewart's tractor-trailer was lying on its side and debris was scattered around the area. Some of the debris was coating for fried chicken, according to emergency responders at the scene.
The crash partially closed I-55 near the Fruitland exit for several hours. The accident happened a short distance north of an area where investigators are searching along the highway looking for clues in the disappearance of Jacque Waller, who was last seen June 1 in Jackson.
The Jackson Police Department investigated the crash. A police spokesman didn't return calls seeking more information on the crash Friday.