- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Morehead, UTM reach semifinals of OVC soccer tournament
Tennessee-Martin and Morehead State were first-round winners Thursday as the six-team Ohio Valley Conference women's soccer tournament got under way at Houck Stadium.
Third-seeded UT-Martin beat sixth-seeded Eastern Illinois 2-1, and fifth-seeded Morehead State defeated fourth-seeded Murray State 1-0.
UT-Martin (12-6-2) rallied from a 1-0 deficit to slip past Eastern Illinois (5-12-2). Rosaelia Loza netted the game-winner in the 79th minute.
Defending tournament champion Morehead State (10-7-3) got a goal from Brittany Kiracofe in the 49th minute to beat Murray State (7-9-3).
Thursday's winners advanced to face the top two seeds, who received opening-round byes, in today's semifinals.
Second-seeded Eastern Kentucky (7-9-3) plays Morehead State at 4 p.m. and top-seeded host Southeast Missouri State (12-5-1) takes on Morehead State at 7 p.m.
The championship is set for 1 p.m. Sunday.