- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Have you taken time recently to invest in your marriage? Tonight, Men at the Cross will host a marriage conference at Lynwood Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. According to the organization's website, the conference is designed to help couples discover marital intimacy through the power of the cross.
The conference is titled "Passionate Love: Building a Cross Centered Marriage" and will be delivered in four sessions: "Bringing Couples to the Cross," "Guarding the Heart of Your Marriage," "Prioritizing your Marriage in the Home" and "Connecting Spiritually with Your Spouse."
Men at the Cross -- which has its headquarters in Cape Girardeau -- held its first conference in Cape Girardeau earlier this year. The event was well-received with about 1,000 individuals attending. Organizers for tonight's conference are also expecting a good crowd.
Speakers for the marriage conference are Joe White (founder and president of Men at the Cross), Ted Cunningham (author and founding pastor of Woodland Hills Family Church in Branson, Mo.) and Mark Anderson (senior pastor of Lynwood Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau). Music will be led by Mark Christian, a Christian artist who has worked with the Billy Graham ministries and is a worship pastor at First Baptist Charlotte in Charlotte, N.C.
This evening will be the third time the organization has offered this conference. The first two events were held in St. Louis and Louisiana and were well-received by attendees.
Doors open at 5:15 p.m. and the conference will take place from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets are $55 per couple. Teachers along with their spouses may attend at half-price. Pastors and their spouses may attend for $50, and individuals may attend for $29. Tickets may be purchased online at www.menatthecross.org or at Lynwood Baptist Church.