- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
PACTC Skills USA Chapters Visit Independence Court
Two Perryville Area Career and Technology Center local Skills USA chapters recently preformed a Community Betterment Project. They visited Independence Court Residential Living Center in Perryville and assisted Activities Director Kathy French with the morning and afternoon residents playing washers and a new bingo game called Pokeno. The students enjoyed socializing with the residents and spent time talking with them about life in the good old days. The residents also commented how polite and "young" looking the students were.
Skills USA is a national organization serving teachers and high school and college students who are preparing for careers in technical, skilled and service occupations, including Health Occupations and Early Childhood Professionals. SkillsUSA, founded in 1965, was formerly known as VICA (the Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).