- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PACTC Skills USA Chapters Visit Independence Court
Two Perryville Area Career and Technology Center local Skills USA chapters recently preformed a Community Betterment Project. They visited Independence Court Residential Living Center in Perryville and assisted Activities Director Kathy French with the morning and afternoon residents playing washers and a new bingo game called Pokeno. The students enjoyed socializing with the residents and spent time talking with them about life in the good old days. The residents also commented how polite and "young" looking the students were.
Skills USA is a national organization serving teachers and high school and college students who are preparing for careers in technical, skilled and service occupations, including Health Occupations and Early Childhood Professionals. SkillsUSA, founded in 1965, was formerly known as VICA (the Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).