- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)7
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
PACTC Skills USA Chapters Visit Independence Court
Two Perryville Area Career and Technology Center local Skills USA chapters recently preformed a Community Betterment Project. They visited Independence Court Residential Living Center in Perryville and assisted Activities Director Kathy French with the morning and afternoon residents playing washers and a new bingo game called Pokeno. The students enjoyed socializing with the residents and spent time talking with them about life in the good old days. The residents also commented how polite and "young" looking the students were.
Skills USA is a national organization serving teachers and high school and college students who are preparing for careers in technical, skilled and service occupations, including Health Occupations and Early Childhood Professionals. SkillsUSA, founded in 1965, was formerly known as VICA (the Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).