- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
PACTC Skills USA Chapters Visit Independence Court
Two Perryville Area Career and Technology Center local Skills USA chapters recently preformed a Community Betterment Project. They visited Independence Court Residential Living Center in Perryville and assisted Activities Director Kathy French with the morning and afternoon residents playing washers and a new bingo game called Pokeno. The students enjoyed socializing with the residents and spent time talking with them about life in the good old days. The residents also commented how polite and "young" looking the students were.
Skills USA is a national organization serving teachers and high school and college students who are preparing for careers in technical, skilled and service occupations, including Health Occupations and Early Childhood Professionals. SkillsUSA, founded in 1965, was formerly known as VICA (the Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).