- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)13
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
PACTC Skills USA Chapters Visit Independence Court
Two Perryville Area Career and Technology Center local Skills USA chapters recently preformed a Community Betterment Project. They visited Independence Court Residential Living Center in Perryville and assisted Activities Director Kathy French with the morning and afternoon residents playing washers and a new bingo game called Pokeno. The students enjoyed socializing with the residents and spent time talking with them about life in the good old days. The residents also commented how polite and "young" looking the students were.
Skills USA is a national organization serving teachers and high school and college students who are preparing for careers in technical, skilled and service occupations, including Health Occupations and Early Childhood Professionals. SkillsUSA, founded in 1965, was formerly known as VICA (the Vocational Industrial Clubs of America).